Saturday, June 13, 2009

9 months today...


WOW! What a CRAZY 9 months. It seems like just yesterday I was laying in a pool of my own sweat, shaking and running to the bathroom to puke for about 10 days straight. I thought I was dying, and quite honestly by about day 3 I wanted to die. Or use, which would be the same really. But I kept at it and slowly the days got easier, and I felt better and started to get more energy.
Then the really hard stuff hit. The emotional parts. The reasons WHY I started to use in the first place, and now...like I've said before..I had no buffer. I had to deal with life on life's terms and that fucking SUCKED. But my family stood by me and helped me stay strong, my daughter...who is absolutely AMAZING to me, and my number one hero, showed me the reasons why I wanted to live...and live healthy. And never a day went by where she didn't tell me she was proud of me. For her being 9, and to have somewhat of an understanding....blew my mind. I thought I hid my shit so well. I came clean to my friends who I hid my addiction from for so long, and not only did they stand next to me...they held me up. That made each day a little easier. As more time went by, more people entered the picture and my circle of support and inspiration just grew. This is meant to be just a quick appreciation for those that have made this hard journey, just a little easier. Some of these peole may not even know how or WHY they helped me...but I know, and that's good enough for me.

Mom
Dad
Taylor
Nicole
Jake
Mellissa
Rose
Beverly
Stephen J O'Neil (Of COURSE heh)
Gemma
Michele
Brandi
Greg
Acey
Melissa (yup, another)
Mistress Vickie
Sean
Jussi

And then to every person I've done a portrait of, it's kept me going one day at a time and keeps me out of my head...so thank you for being the inspiration behind my pencil and giving me a reason to be proud of myself:

Ville Valo
Jussi69
Jyrki69
DJ Ashba
Jeffree Star
Anzi Destruction (god damn you're hard to draw)
Acey Slade
Andee Hinds
Wednesday 13
Justin
Eric13
Del Cheetah
ALL of the Deathstars
Kat Von D
David Bowie
Jo Sheldon
Nicole Zeibari
Jake Vreeland
Little Zaney!
Taylor

There was a reason behind each and every one of you.
I don't think I would have made it this far without you all.
<3

1 comment:

  1. I love you jen!!!! keep on rockin!!! your amazing!!

    ReplyDelete