Sunday, June 21, 2009

Helsinki? Yay? Nay?

So here's what I'm thinking. In 8 months, I could potentially graduate from Drug Court. THAT means that I will be free to move about the cabin..well, world. I had something mentioned to me Friday night, and I'll be honest..I'm giving it some SERIOUS thought. I'm trying to calculate how much money I can save in the next 9 months, and if the chances of me graduating on time to make it over, are realistic or not. I'm going to go full steam ahead as though I WILL be done in time. So now, my life as I've known is going to change yet again. I need to be a homebody, not spend money, save everything I possibly can. I have yet ANOTHER great motivator to stay clean because if I piss hot, I'll have my time set back and I'll be in Drug Court even longer.
One expense I can really afford to cut out is smoking. I'm thinking about getting the patch and actually giving it a real go at quitting. Cigarettes are like $5 a pack these day, well more.... I smoke a pack a day so that's $35/week. That's fucking CRAZY!!!! I've got to stop just thinking about it and just do it. Wanting an amazing vacation to celebrate being sober AND being done with Drug Court is a great motivator.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment