Monday, May 25, 2009

Foley... Part Deux!

Here's a great reason to become a junkie..... you could potentially land yourself in the position I've now put myself in. So let's see...I left off with a foley catheter in place, and yes, I DID go to jail btw. Wait, let me start again. After several bladder scans it has been decided that my bladder muscle no longer works properly. They THINK its from all the drugs I did, but they aren't sure. It's a fact that all that shit fucks with your kidneys, liver, etc...why not your bladder. So if being 36 and having to wear your urine on your leg like a badge seems like something all the popular kids are doing these days....by all means, chew some pills, crush them, snort them, inject them, whatever.
There IS a silver lining here though. Kind of. I had to wear that for just about 2 months. I hurt tremendously, every single day. No matter what I did, you could see it. I got brutally sick one night because of it. In and out of the ER a few times. Pure joy, I promise. BUT the good news NOW is (and this is just a shard of good news) that the catheter has been removed and I no longer have to add to the self-conscience bullshit I had already put myself through every single day. I could wear what I wanted and there were no tubes or caps showing. I traded wearing a bag all the time to having to self-cath myself at least twice a day. Even trade? Maybe...maybe not. It remains to be seen I suppose. I imagine that things could definetly be worse, so I try to remind myself of that every day. I'm alive...I'm healthy (for the most part) and I'm clean. Yeah, things could definetly be worse. And hey!! I have a nifty straw for pranks when out with friends
xoxo

And a HUGE P.S. to the people (you KNOW who you are) that have inspired me to keep this going. I have literally shed a couple tears reading your messages....keep that between us! heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment